Eden Center is on Wilson Boulevard, in Seven Corners, near Rt. 50 and Rt. 7.
To see the restaurants at Eden Center listed in this Guide, click the Eden Center category.
This center is the center of Vietnamese and Asian life in northern Virginia. Excellent stores as well. I suspect no one goes to the Eden Center just once. Not really a strip mall. It is a mall for Vietnamese and Asian businesses, including many restaurants and food stores. If you go on a Saturday, you must arrive before noon to get a parking spot in this mall. All the restaurants are open by 11, so this is not a problem.
Falls Church has held on to the reputation it established in the 1990s for Asian and especially Vietnamese food. Indeed, the Eden Center on Wilson Boulevard — the bustling economic reflection of a county where one in every four residents is now foreign-born — attracts Asian visitors from the entire East Coast. I used to go to this huge mall whenever I wanted; now I worry about whether I can find a parking space.
“Ethnic Goes Exurban: Washington’s Sprawl, As Told Through Its Migrating Restaurants,” by Tyler Cowen, The Washington Post, September 3, 2006
Restaurants, Food Shops, Grocery Stores
- See the Eden Center category
- Eden Supermarket, 703-532-4950
- Eden Center and Seven Corners – from Wikipedia
- “Vietnamese Travel Agent Helps Washington-Area Compatriots with Family Reunification,” by Oksana Dragan, VOA, May 1, 2005
- “Fare of the Country: Vietnamese Cuisine, Virginia Settings,” by Olwen Woodier, The New York Times, January 27, 1991
- “Guest Commentary: Eden Center is a Hidden Gem in Falls Church,” by Alan Frank, FCNP, September 15, 2011