I’ve never had really convincing Greek food in this country outside of Queens. I recommend Germany, of all places, for Greek food.
Other Greek places: A correspondent recommends the following:
- Yanni’s (3500 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC, in Cleveland Park) [WaPo]
- Parthenon (web site, 5510 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC, 202-966-7600, near the Avalon Theater) [WaPo]
- Taverna the Greek Islands (307 Pennsylvania Avenue SE, Washington, DC, 202-547-8360, near Capitol Hill) [WaPo]
- Mourayo (1732 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC, 202-667-2100) [Washingtonian]
- Stoupsey’s, a counter in the foodcourt in Farragut West (1825 Eye Street NW, Washington, DC (International Square), 202-223-1169)